WE’VE MOVED! Go to www.pinkpolkadotbaker.com to see what we have been working on!
This Sunday we had a few friends over to watch the Super Bowl and, of course, I took this as an opportunity to bake! First, I made vanilla cupcakes from a recipe I found at Everyday Occasions website. The cupcakes were quite delicious!! I also made the buttercream from the recipe on the same website, which was pretty tasty, but it was a bit too thin to make the grass on the cupcakes. I tried to make it a bit thicker by adding more powdered sugar, but it just didn’t work out! It all just ended up blobbing together in a melty kind of way, which still looked cute, but not quite the effect I was going for!
For the football on top, I used a chocolate buttercream recipe which can be found at Savory Sweet Life‘s website. Let me tell you, this frosting was DELICIOUS!!! It also came out a bit too thin and, when I added extra powdered sugar, it turned to a perfect consistency to pipe the footballs on the cupcakes.
These were fun to make and everyone seemed to enjoy them!
Since we were having people over, I decided to also make a trifle which I found on Pinterest and linked to indulgy.com‘s website.
To make the trifle:
1. Crush a whole package Oreos.
2. Cream together 8 oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup softened butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 1/2 tsp vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix 2 small boxes vanilla pudding and 3 cups COLD milk. Chill until set.
4. Fold 12 oz thawed Cool Whip with the set pudding.
5. Add the cream cheese mixture.
6. Layer in a trifle bowl, starting and ending with the Oreo’s.
7. Chill until ready to serve…then be ready to be addicted to this deliciousness!!
This trifle was definitely the hit dessert of the party!