WE’VE MOVED! Go to www.pinkpolkadotbaker.com to see what we have been working on!
Since I made the cake pops for Beryl’s Momtographie class, I had to get them to her and she invited us over for dinner. I, of course, offered to make dessert! I found a recipe on About.com for an Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake with Silky Glaze and decided this may be the perfect dessert.
To make the cake…
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
4. Stir in 3/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and reduce heat to low. Stir constantly for about 1 minute until the sugar starts to dissolve.
6. Sift 1/2 cup cocoa into the mix. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
9. Cool the pan on a wire rack for about 15 minutes. While the cake is cooling, make the glaze.
10. Melt 2 ounces of chopped semisweet chocolate and 1 1/2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in the same pan used for the cake. Once melted, remove the pan from the heat and add 1 1/2 teaspoons of milk and 1 1/2 teaspoons of honey. Stir until smooth and glossy and let sit for 3 minutes.
11. When the cake is cooled, flip it onto a plate or cake board (mine broke a bit when I flipped it so be careful). Pour the glaze right in the middle, then use a spatula to move the glaze so it is evenly spread over the cake and running slightly over the edges.
Everyone seemed to like the cake and my husband, who does not like chocolate that much, had TWO slices! The cake was super moist and seemed almost like a brownie. If you are looking for a delicious flourless cake, this one is a great choice!!