WE’VE MOVED! Go to www.pinkpolkadotbaker.com to see what we have been working on!
After posting my recipe for lactation cookies, I had a friend share another lactation cookie recipe with me, so I thought I’d give it a try this past weekend! Of the two cookies, I have to say I like the first recipe I posted a little better, which you can find here. I’m pretty sure it’s because they are not as healthy as these ones, and they include my favorite ingredient, regular chocolate (although, I do think dark chocolate could make these even better). Anyway, this recipe is a healthier lactation cookie option and still pretty tasty!
The original recipe can be found on Mama’s Like Me‘s page.
For the White Chocolate Oatmeal Craisin Lactation Cookie recipe you will need…
4 tablespoons water
1 cup Flaxseed Meal
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup coconut oil (I didn’t have coconut oil, so I used vegetable oil)
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour (I didn’t have whole wheat flour, so I used regular flour)
3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
4 tablespoons Brewer’s Yeast
½ cup mini white chocolate chips
½ cup Craisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the water and flaxseed meal together and set aside. (This seemed like a lot of flaxseed to me, and makes the cookies taste a bit nuttier. I might add less the next time I make these.)
3. In a stand mixer, combine oil, applesauce, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix well.
4. Mix in eggs, vanilla, and your flaxseed meal mixture. Mix well.
5. Add your flour, oats, salt, baking soda, and Brewer’s Yeast. The dough will be sticky.
6. Stir in white chocolate and Craisins.
7. Use a cookie scoop and place your dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 9 minutes. The cookies will still be a little soft. Put them on a baking rack to cool.
Like the other lactation cookies, this makes a large batch so I put about half in my freezer for later. The next time I make these I will probably add a lot more chocolate and Craisins, but that’s mostly because I LOVE my sweets!