WE’VE MOVED! Go to www.pinkpolkadotbaker.com to see what we have been working on!
I decided to make some apple cake pops for my baby girl’s daycare teachers and this is what came out of that!
To make the cake pops, you will need:
Cake balls in whatever flavor you like (see my tutorial here)
Red Candy Melts
Green Candy Coated Sunflower Seeds
Pretzel sticks broken into three pieces
1. After your cake balls are made, cool them in the refrigerator or freezer. Right now, it is pretty cool here so I don’t really need to even put them in the fridge before I start dipping.
2. Set up your station. Have the sucker sticks, green candy coated sunflower seeds, and pretzel sticks all within reach. Put wax paper down on the table in case any chocolate drips and set the Styrofoam close by so you are easily able to put the finished pop in it to dry.
3. Melt the Candy Melts.
4. Take the cake balls out of the fridge. Put the sticks in the cake by dipping the end in the melted chocolate and pushing it about halfway into the ball.
5. Once the stick is dried in, dip the pop into the Candy Melts. Gently tap off any extra chocolate.
6. You have to work quick now- put the pretzel stick in as the stem and the green sunflower seed next to it as the leaf.
7. Place the completed pop in the Styrofoam to dry.
8. Do this for all of your pops and then enjoy!
9. If you have leftover Candy Melts, remake them into the little discs by spooning it out on the wax paper in small amounts. Once they are dry, store in a bag for the next time you make cake pops!