WE’VE MOVED! Go to www.pinkpolkadotbaker.com to see what we have been working on!
I was invited to a cookie exchange with some friends and I, of course, had to find a new, exciting cookie recipe to try! Since I LOVE peppermint hot chocolate, I decided upon Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies that I found at Mom Endeavor’s website.
To make the cookies you will need…
2 sticks butter at room temperature (or if you forget to leave it out, like me, pop it in the microwave for 25-30 seconds to soften it)
1 C sugar
2/3 C brown sugar
2 1/4 C flour
3/4 C cocoa powder or hot chocolate mix (I used dark chocolate cocoa)
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 C peppermint crunch baking chips (I couldn’t find these so I used cut up Andes Mints. Not quite peppermint, but it still gave a great minty flavor!)
1/2 C semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet because it’s what I had, but I think they would have been even better with dark chocolate!)
approx. 2 C mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda until combined.
3. In a large mixer bowl, mix together the butter & sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and then mix until everything is combined.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the large bowl and mix until just combined.
5. Stir in mint & chocolate chips.
6. Form dough balls (I used my cookie scoop that I LOVE!) and place about 2″ apart onto parchment lined baking sheets.
7. Bake for 10–12 minutes. *At about the 8 minute mark, pull out the cookies and top with mini marshmallows (I did 4 per cookie). I lightly pushed them into the cookie before returning the cookies to the oven for the last few minutes. The marshmallows should get nice & puffy, but not too gooey. I watched for them to have a bit of a golden color on top, then pulled them out.
At first, I wasn’t so sure about the cookies and thought they were just ok. Then, the more that I ate them, the more I liked them! The combination of the mint with the chocolate, then a bit of the marshmallow gooey-ness on top was a winner!!