WE’VE MOVED! Go to www.pinkpolkadotbaker.com to see what we have been working on!
We had some very ripe bananas so what to do? Make banana bread, of course! I found a recipe on food.com that was claiming to be the Best Banana Bread and decided to give this recipe a try.
To make the bread you will need…
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 bananas, finely crushed
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together.
3. Add eggs and bananas and combine all ingredients well.
4. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt and add to the mixture.
5. Add vanilla.
6. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
7. Put in the oven and bake for 60 minutes.
8. Cool completely. Keeps really well refrigerated.
I was worried that putting the bread in the refrigerator would make it dry out, but the bread stayed moist and delicious over several days! This truly is a delicious banana bread recipe- the best, though? I’m not sure…I’ll have to try out a few more recipes!