WE’VE MOVED! Go to www.pinkpolkadotbaker.com to see what we have been working on!
Even though I usually write about my baking, I also love to cook. Today I made one of the MOST delicious recipes that I found on Pinterest a few weeks ago and I just had to share. The recipe I used is slightly modified from the recipe found on Chef-In-Training‘s website.
1 (8 oz) can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
2-3 cups cooked, diced or shredded chicken
1 sleeve crushed crackers (I used Ritz)
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
How to Make Chicken Pillows:
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cook the chicken if you have not done so already.
3. Soften 1/4 cup of butter and 8 oz of cream cheese. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
4. Add the cooked chicken to the cream cheese and butter mixture. Stir until everything is combined well.
5. Lay out the 8 crescents and try to spread them out so they are slightly bigger. Be careful- they tear easily and can get stuck to the baking sheet.
6. Put one to two spoonfuls of the chicken mixture on each crescent. Close the “pillow.” Repeat this step for each of the remaining 7 crescents and place them on the baking sheet.
7. Put an egg with a couple of tablespoons of water in a bowl. Beat together.
8. Put the crushed crackers in another bowl.
9. Dip each “pillow” into the egg mixture, then roll it in the crackers. Place on the baking sheet.
10. Put the Chicken Pillows in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. While the pillows are cooking, make the sauce by putting the can of cream of chicken soup and as much milk as you’d like (depending if you’d like your sauce to be thick or runny) in a sauce pan. Stir together and simmer until the pillows are done.
11. Take the pillows out of the oven after the 20 minutes (or when they are done)…
And cover with the sauce!